Universal’s U-turn on AI music won’t please Ice Cube:
– Universal Music Group announced that it will no longer use artificial intelligence (AI) to create music after facing backlash from artists and music industry professionals, including rapper Ice Cube.
– The company had previously partnered with AI music startup Amper Music to create original tracks for use in advertising and other media.
– Critics argued that using AI to create music undermines the creative process and devalues the work of human musicians.
Former MOMA curator collects fine art on Solana:
– Laura Raicovich, former director of the Queens Museum and former curator at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), has become a collector of fine art on the Solana blockchain.
– Raicovich is interested in the potential of blockchain technology to democratize the art world by allowing artists to sell their work directly to collectors without the need for intermediaries like galleries or auction houses.
– She has acquired several works of art on the Solana blockchain, including pieces by artists like Trevor Jones and Pak.
Edge of NFT podcast + Crypto Titans:
– The Edge of NFT podcast recently featured an interview with Crypto Titans, a group of cryptocurrency investors and entrepreneurs who are also passionate about NFTs.
– The Crypto Titans discussed their experiences investing in NFTs and their predictions for the future of the NFT market.
– They also shared insights into their own NFT collections, including some of their favorite pieces and the strategies they use to evaluate potential investments.
In summary, Universal’s decision to stop using AI to create music has sparked debate about the role of technology in the creative process. Meanwhile, Laura Raicovich’s interest in blockchain art highlights the potential for blockchain technology to disrupt traditional art market structures. Finally, the Edge of NFT podcast’s interview with Crypto Titans provides valuable insights into the world of NFT investing.